Monday, February 25, 2008

updates


I know I've gone MIA again and this time, for a good 2 weeks. Probably one of the longest period that I've not blogged. One term sums it all - BUSY.

Every little bit of time i have available after each working day, I just want to snuggle in my cosy couch, login my facebook and msn, watched TV, read my unread emails and then go to bed at 2am. No time for blogging activity.. sigh.. until yesterday, after a "friendly bickering match" with bestie, he "reminded" me to go write my blog and dun disturb him cos he's freaking tired after running ard chking RS sites. So here i am, blogging again!

Its been a busy 2 weeks after CNY. Comparing to previous years, where we rested for a longer duration for CNY, this year we bounced back to work right after the weekend, on a working Monday. Anyway, i doubt it would be peaceful resting at home knowing that my phones and email inbox will be flooded.

Just as well, back to work means back to seeing/talking and dealing with pple i like and dun, and this greatly tested my self-control. CNY mah, cannot anyhow rant and scold pple right? So, its back to my "almost weekly event", where my temps worked hard together with me for these dorms RS (roadshows). This bunch of pple, hahaha, are really interesting. The 5 temps are jolly and brave!

Eversince i clinched the Dorm RSs deal, it had been an emotional roller-coaster ride for me. Its been great becos i finally penetrated to this company and there has been many great opportunities doing more events. In fact, besides this Dorm RS, i did another opening ceremony event, by word of mouth referral. On the other hand, I find it ridiculously funny, dealing with all sorts of pple. Something that made me realised I did the right things ages ago when I decided to set up my own company. Also, the innermost feeling proves to be too trying for me to sustain and its always a tough fight removing all funny thinkings in my bird brains.

Anyway, its been 5 RSs that we did since the start and in march, we have another 6 more to go. Jia You to me! and Jia You to all my temp staff. These bunch are pretty interesting. All marketing students from SIM, and are matured in their thinkings too. Great that their initiative levels are very high too. Haha, and 2 of them will be following me in the coming IT shows too! What a relief!

Well, besides the Dorm RSs, I did an opening ceremony in T3 last week and it turned out to be a good event, so i hope. Was covered in the Business Times with a huge pic and simple write ups. Thanks to Iggy, for taking one day leave to help in the photography. Yes, to the other boys-turned-photography-fanatics, Iggy was paid for his service and I promise to engage u guys if there are other events to cover. Dun start a drift saying i prefer Iggy to you all lah. End of the day, its all abt work. Promise there will be other chances.

And now, I am back to planning for the NATAS 08 and IT Show 08. This time, its different from the past, whereby the promoters now came under me fully. Call me biased or call me kind, but i think sooner or later, i will be "called into the room" by client, asking why I'm lenient... Hope the day doesnt come. Everyone has their job to do and everyone wants to do it well, dun they? Same for the temps, cos i knw they will do their best.

Its strange, cos I have been having recurring dreams lately... hahaha, pretty pleasant, i must say. But i gotta agree, when pple say "Its all in the mind"...kekeke, i think i probably have been thinking too much and hence, the dreams.. but still, nice when i knw reality will be diff.... haahaaaaaa, MORE dreams pls? keke

No comments: