We celebrated Dennis bday by buying his dinner at No Signboard at VV City. Dennis, a dear old friends. Always so trustable, always so reliable and ever so helpful. I always believe that u treat people with sincerity and love, you will receive the same reciprocation. Seems that Den thinks alike too.
After dinner, we headed for RWS. Dennis' 2nd trip and our debut tour. I felt a little uneasy, yet lots of anticipation. After all, I can hardly be classified as a gambler, though I do sprout my mouth off numbers, bets etc, so ever ready.
With every step i took, i was in awed. I mentioned to the boys, that this place (RWS) seemed busier than our World Class Airports. The amount of heads i saw, was certainly A LOT! white haired old folks, blonde haired cheongsters, pregnant women, smoking aunties, blue collars etc etc...
After paying the levy, we proceeded inside. Den became our "tour guide" bringing us around the premise. I can hardly describe my feeling. Now i know why most people are drawn to these legal dens. There is a mystic air around the area. Something alluring, something exciting and something beyond anyone's control. Its like the air is filled with addictives. Once inhaled, you start losing your senses, your ability to self-refrain. Maybe I made it sounds so damn exaggerating, but that what i felt.
We somehow decided to stay put at the Carribean Poker table to "look-see". S popped by and joined our "tour". He tried his darnest best to explain, tipped and advised me, but half the time, my ignorance showed on my face. When there was a vacancy at the table, he sat himself down promptly and started his adventure for the night. I parked $100 with him, and gosh, our 2nd game, was such an adrenaline pump-out! Hahaha!!! He first got a 7, and next saw a 10. The 3rd piece of card revealed another 7. We made eyes at each other, cos we were happy we had at least a 7 pair. Goodness knows, the 4th card was another 7!! I tell u, my heart was pumping extra hard and fast! and the drum roll moment!! the last card was a 10!!!! ok... put them all together, u get a full house!!! Silly me, got so excited and started grabbing his hand! hahahaha!! The "shiokest" part was when dealer opened our cards, the table went "Wahhhhh!"... such an ego booster!!!! lol!!!! Our payout was $900!!! and... S "chased" me away. Told me that i won my entrance fee back liao, so dun gamble anyway. hahaha.... he not tyrant. He din want me to "lose" money. Thks, friend!
With my winnings, I find myself getting courageously, tagging ard dennis' back to chk out on diff tables. We spent a gd 2 hrs i tink, at the Bacarrat. I tink i got most of my winnings from that table. Got to a point where I had almost 1k of chips with me. Became very "generous" and passed Den a $100 chip for him to "play" for me while i go look see at S's table.
Standing at their table, i found myself so amused with his fren, J, and his one-way conversations with his cai (opps.. ignore that term).
Shit.... no mood to continue le. Just got news that some ah neh's lorry banged into my new car. sianz.....
shall continue when my mood comes back...
Ok, minor accident. Ren mei shi jiu hao. Da ji da li!!
Ok, on topic of J and his cai. Lets put it this way, local beng and his cai and their "bickerings". very funny, very interesting and very sweet. Anyway, it felt like as if i was watching sitcom, full of fun. hahaha
We were there for 6hrs, leaving the place at 4am. Gosh! By the time we reached home, at 4.30am, i was sombre liao! hahaha... duno if i will set my foot in there again, but certainly, i know i will somehow have that courage to be more adventurous and roam round. Well, to all who visit the den, HUAT AH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment