Pre-Show
As early as last Dec, we were already talking about this show, and I was given an opportunity to include manpower management as part of my service to client. Now, as much as I am not very willing to, I was "cajoled" into accepting the new task. Hence, recruitment was done as early as late Jan, even thou the show was to be held 1st wk of Mar. In the past, recruitment was done for temp staff, but this time, besides temps, I needed to search for promoters. Thank you guys, for having the confidence in me. My Popular Bkfest guys, without hesitance, agreed to the show. Jaron, Wagon and others, also agreed, and even helped to recruit more promoters. Of cos, it was really tough, since I have never handle that many staff for an IT show. Haha, my StarHub temps also worked for this IT Show too!!
Nearer to date, training was conducted for all the promoters, new and old. And only then, I realised the art of scheduling. Gosh! Scheduling for both training and work was TEDIOUS! Need to accomodate everyone's timing etc.. haha, a miracle that eventually the training went on as planned.
My deal to client, was that I charged client a manpower management fee, and the hourly rate given by client, was the same rate that i gave my temps and promoters. As i mentioned to some of the staff, i would rather charge a fee to the client, than to take a cut off their rightful salary and commissions. Hey, I was young and worked before, you know? Wahaha
Event (6th - 9th Mar)
This IT show, besides events management for my client, Leadz did a booth building for another client, and we were pretty happy with our works. It was another new penetration into the IT sector!! wahaha
Back to the events management part, well, many things could have been better. As the entire marketing team is new, hence i was requested to render as much assistance as possible. But as all events, all talks, plans and strategies are nothing when it comes to on site management. Everything discussed in previous Ops Mtg, were not done. It was a little disheartening, seeing that while some tried their utmost to "escape" responsibilities, some acted like "Alec" i.e. Smart Alex lor... Its tough cleaning people's ass, and its tiring too.
As i had feedbacked to the upper mgt, that i would prefer to pay my temps/promoters asap, plans were made to submit my invoices asap after the event. I din want the kids to wait too long too. But by agreeing to early submission, means i gotta do tabulations of their work hours and comms. Gosh, i did a calculation, and realised that within 3 days, I had a total of less than 9 hours sleep. Each night, i reached hm at 11 plus, and sat down all the way till 5.30am, just for tabulation. And i wuld sleep 3 hrs and woke to rush to Suntec. it was then, I realised that indeed, i had aged!! Cant take late nights like the past.
My redemption gals were nice! Sympathetic.. keke... and its very me, to "sai nai" to the right pple..haha... just wanna be "sayang-ed" lah.. And on site, thou tiring, it was good to go round on site, to give my promoters the support and confidence they needed. Half of these batch, are new, and i was initially worried about their performance. But, they all proved me wrong! All were so good, and many of them, were almost top sales promoters! Damm proud of them. I always feel that when working with these young frens, it would be funny to assert authorities. Well, friendship is the way, but of cos, clear lines must be drawn when dishing out regulations
Many other moments that got me stifled up... but am glad that its all over. Muts thank many pple for their self-less aids... Thanks to my 3 redemption gals... for keeping their cool even when serving nasty/unreasonable customers. Am fighting very hard for a bigger space for you gals for June's show. Thanks to Jaron, for helpin me to find responsible temps and promoters, completing one of my tedious job. And also, thanks to Wagon, for keeping me company online from 12.20am to 6am, keepin me awake while i tabulated their wages.
Post Event
while i was working hard, my mind was away with Daryl. Felt so bad on Sunday as I was unable to accompany him for a function, where his classmates and him had a stage performance. I really felt quite lousy abt it. As promised, HB and me took leave on Thursday, to keep son company. Had wanted to bring him to sentosa, but due to obstinate long life rain, we gave up. In the end, we went to Suntec (yes! again!!). Son was pestering abt getting Transformer and after much searching, we finally gave in to his request and got him a set of Optimus Prime at $59.90. Dammit! Dun understand why must be so ex! keke
We nested at Toy R Us for almost 1.5hrs... and took many pics... quite siao lor...hahaha...

No comments:
Post a Comment